At Loch we believe a happy learning environment comes from parents, teachers and children working together. We therefore encourage the participation of parents within the school at all levels of its operation.
- To encourage parents to be involved in school community activities.
- To encourage parents to work harmoniously with the teachers to implement and broaden programs.
- To foster good relations and communications between parents, teachers and students and strengthen the link between home and school.
- To make use of resources, skills, talents and interests available in the school community for the overall benefit of the school.
- To encourage parents to assist staff with essential program preparation (e.g. book covering, typing, making aids, etc.)
- To actively encourage parents to participate in School Council and Parents & Friends Association activities and be part of the community based decision making processes
- Parents to be involved in briefing and training sessions to increase their confidence, skills and knowledge.
- The School Council, in conjunction with the Parents and Friends Association, organise social functions for the school community.
- Parents will be continually invited and encouraged to participate in school activities.
- Parents to be notified, via regular newsletters and compass, of all educational and social activities.
- Parents assisting students are to present a current Working with Children’s Check and must sign in, on arrival, at the office and sign out on departure.